Sunday, October 26, 2008

Planning continues...

Well, it's been an expensive week, but I now have a GPS device that I'm still trying to figure out how to operate, and a rather natty Dainese jacket and trouser set. New Arai Tour X should arrive mid-week, which should make me the best dressed rider in SE Asia... The panniers have been ordered from Touratech Australia and should be with me by the end of the week - thankfully they don't need to be shipped from Germany, which means I can see how much space I have for kit.

Other than that, the trip plan is really taking shape, with lots of checklists, maps and addresses contained in a (client-ready, zero-defect) powerpoint presentation. Still four weeks left at work, but I'm increasingly finding my attention in meetings wandering to critical issues such as how to carry an extra 10 litres of fuel across the Northern Territory...

No comments: